England has been very strong in radial with 5 sailors in the top ten
– Along this Sunday we’ve had spectacular race in Vigo’s Estuary, with lots of sun and
winds between 15 and 18 nor-est knots.
– Both rounds were completed in slightly more than two hours, including the break in
– For Monday, the second day will start at 1 pm… If the two rounds can be finished, each
contender will be able to reject his/hers worst scoring.
– England has been very strong in radial with 5 sailors in the top ten.
– Spain was stronger in the standard with 3 sailors in the top ten.
– The best Spaniards in standard were, Alfredo Vázquez from Vigo and Carlos Echevarri.
and in radial with Didier Gorón from Barcelona and José Ramón Pardo from La Coruña.
OVERAL RANKING AFTER DAY – 1
RADIAL CLASS (GP DEPUTACION PONTEVEDRA)
1º Jon Emmet (Weir Wood SC)(ENGLAND), 2 points
2º Ian Jones (Dovestone SC)(ENGLAND), 4
3º Rob Cage (Royal Thames YC)(ENGLAND), 7
4º Alessio Marinelli (CV Porto Civitanova)(ITALY), 7
5º Max Hunt (Whitstable YC)(ENGLAND), 11
6º Wilmar Groenedijk (RZV-WSVR)(HOLLAND), 11
7º Didier Gorón (RCN Barcelona)(SPAIN), 19
8º José Ramón Pardo (RCN La Coruña)(SPAIN), 19
9º Fabio Suyama (ISC Fundesporte)(BRAZIL), 20
10º Mike Kinnerar (Grafham Water SC)(ENGLAND), 25
STANDARD CLASS (GP CONCELLO DE VIGO)
1º Alan Davis (Oxford SC)(ENGLAND), 7 points
2º Alfredo Vázquez (CN Betulo)(SPAIN), 8
3º Carlos Echavarri (RCN Madrid)(SPAIN), 8
4º Roger Schulz (SKVU YC)(GERMANY), 8
5º Jordi Capella (Gen Roses)(SPAIN), 10
6º Michael Matan (RYA)(EEUU), 11
7º Wouter Duetz (KWVL Loosdrecht)(HOLLAND), 14
8º Emilio Casteli (Richmond YC)(EEUU), 18
9º Wolfgang Gerz (SVW YC)(GERMANY), 22
10º Jack de Rijk (ZV OOsterplas)(HOLLAND), 24